Work Place Approvals
Workplace Approval site visit is conducted by TETA, approval is granted per site for specific programmes/trades/qualifications. The workplace must submit an application and prepare for the site visit as follows:
- If the application is for a trade, a checklist for the applicable trade to be used as a self-check list on all relevant trades.
- The following documents/evidence to be made available:
- Example of Students logbook/records availability
- Staff member identified to maintain records of workplace learning including logbooks.
- Company declaration letter stating commitment from the workplace for the duration of the workplace learning required for trades/qualifications/ learnerships and indicating the commitment of compliance to relevant legislation applicable
- All required tools and equipment available to cover the scope of the workplace component of the trade/s or qualifications / learnership workplace approval is applied for.
- Access to material and consumables applicable to the structured workplace learning in the trades or qualifications / learnerships workplace approval is applied for.
- Implementation plan/rotation schedule for the students.
- Suitably qualified (Red Seal Certificate or Qualifications) mentors for trades/qualifications / learnerships workplace approval are applied for.
- Copies of qualifications/Trade Certificates and Company letter stating these are the mentors or coaches
- OHS Procedures available and displayed
- Copy of latest OHS meeting minutes (Safety Meeting)
- Copy of Emergency evacuation plan displayed
- Copy of Safety representative appointment letter
- Self-evaluation checklists (Relevant Trades involved) or a tool inventory list on the different Trades within the Workplace.
- Workplace layout and working environment is safe and conducive to effective workplace learning (to complete the DHET OHS checklist)
- A formal agreement with other approved workplaces for the rotation of learners (if applicable).
- Recordkeeping system in place
- Mentor/Learner Ratio acceptable
- Evidence attached of previous workplace approval granted. (if applicable).
Powered by Phoca Download